Links to patient resources
Interested in learning more about the American Society of Ocularists and the field of ocularistry in general? Below you will find various links that we at Southeastern Ocularists, Inc. have found useful.
- American Society of Ocularists – ASO website that provides more information on ocularists in your area, the history of artificial eyes, and training for ocularists.
- Find an Ophthalmologist – Search your area for a qualified ophthalmologist.
- International Academy of Ocularistry – The IAO website will provide you with information on ocularists that are part of this group as well as other information pertaining to the field.
Mental Health and Wellness:
- Lost Eye – #1 website for coping with monocular vision after eye loss from cancer, accident, or disease.
- Black Dog Institute – Australian based organization dedicated to understanding, preventing and treating mental illness and researching new treatments.
- Hopeway Foundation – A Charlotte, NC based non-profit dedicated to providing the best mental health care and education for adults and their families.
- World Eye Cancer Hope USA – An excellent organization that is dedicated to spreading awareness about eye cancers in children through educating, empowering, and enabling people to make a change.
- International Children’s Anophthalmia Network – A great resource for parents with ophthalmic and microphthalmic children.
- National Eye Institute – The National Eye Institute’s mission is to “conduct and support research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs with respect to blinding eye diseases, visual disorders, mechanisms of visual function, preservation of sight, and the special health problems and requirements of the blind.” A federal government website.
Documents for your visit
Ready to print documents coming soon…